- Canon 6D with 24-70mm L – This will primarily be used for street photography and night photography.
- Sony a6000 with 16-55mm – I’m using this for timelapses, ocean/wave photography, and most of my landscape shots.
- GoPro – I’ll be using this for random shots in and around the city and for some surf action video.
- 13″ MacBook Pro – Gotta stay connected to the rest of the world. Plus I’ll be doing some photo/video editing as I go.
- iPad – I’m currently reading Les Misérables and the book is approximately 1500 pages. I decided to download a digital version on my iPad and read that on the plane instead.
- iPhone – For obvious reasons.
- iPod Touch – I don’t like keeping music on my iPhone since I run into memory issues so I’m bringing my iPod Touch for music.
- 500GB Solid State HDD – Where photos will be saved to.
- Manfrotto BeFree Tripod – Primarily for timelapses and landscape photography. The best part is how compact and light it is.
- Meikon Underwater Housing for a6000 – Used for underwater/wave photography.
- 7 pairs of boxes
- 7 pairs of socks
- 4 t-shirts
- 4 pairs of shorts
- 1 pair of swimming trunks
- 1 microfiber towel
- Reef Sandals
- Kuru Hiking shoes
- Patagonia Rock Craft pants – mainly for hiking (if necessary). These pants are super light so it’s easy to pack.
- 1 pair of Banana Republic Traveler jeans – I’m wearing these primarily on flights. Very comfy.
- Marmot rain jacket
- Microfiber towel
- Large plastic travel bag for dirty laundry
- Patagonia MLC 45 – Main bag
- Tenba Messenger Mini – Bag holding camera gear, Macbook and iPod/iPad
UPDATE 6/6 – Alright, I’m only 1 day into this trip and I realize this bag was a mistake. I envy every person that has a roller suitcase. My shoulders feel like I’ve been carrying a cheerleader all day.
UPDATE 6/12 – Another mistake is bringing my Canon 6D. The crop factor on my a6000 is exactly the same as a 24-70 lens so I haven’t used it once. Plus the dynamic range on my a6000 seems to be better. I should have brought my 16-35mm lens. Oh well, next time.