I’ve been back for over a month now and I’m currently going through a bit of adventure travel withdrawal. I’m finding it really difficult to get back into a routine. Yes, I’m back on the job market, but I haven’t committed to anything yet. A large part of me wants to hit the road again. Another part of me says it’s time to get a job and fall back into line. Oh, what to do.
Back to the subject – a summary of my trip to Europe:
- I visited 11 countries spanning 2 and a half months – Iceland, Great Britain, France, Spain, Italy, Switzerland, Austria, Czech Republic, Bratislava, Germany, and Brussels.
- 12,000 total miles traveled by plane, train, and automobile.
- Over 300 miles on foot.
- Over 7,800 photos taken.
- A total cost of $14,500.
- Favorite locations in no particular order (can’t have just one!)
- London, UK
- Big Ben, Natural History Museum, Eye of London, The Thames River
- Pubs, oh the pubs!
- And the markets – Camden and Portabella market were amazing.
- Ironically, the payaya here was better than the payaya I had in Barcelona.
- Biarritz, France – The food, the people and the surf! Food. Amazing.
- Paris, France – Where do I begin? The bakeries, the smells, the atmosphere…all of it.
- Manarola, Italy – Walking around here was magical. Overlooking the ocean and Manarola at night was unforgettable.
- Hallstatt, Austria – Straight up movie set, yo. This place didn’t seem real. And the B&B I stayed at was wonderful. Taking the gondolla up to the 5 fingers and overlooking Hallstatt and Obertraun were unforettable. Only thing I regret is not doing the paragliding. Oh well, it gives me an excuse to go back and visit.
- Zermatt, Switzerland – The 5 Lakes Hike down to Zermatt and the Glacier Express ride from Zermatt to St. Moritz were amazing.
- Celerina, Switzerland – A hidden gem. I remember taking a nap next to a river with some Swiss cows mooing in the background.
- Jokuarlson, Iceland – Waterfalls, rivers, glaciers and more waterfalls. Also, the Blue Lagoon were all amazing.
- Prague, Czech Republic – Good beer, good food, and it’s super affordable.
- Milan, Italy – Gelato ice cream, beautiful people, the Milan Cathedral, the oldest shopping mall in the world, and the amazing food.
- London, UK
That’s all folks. Gotta start preparing for the next one!